Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
COVID-19 and the IU Southeast Library
This page contains relevant information related to Indiana University Southeast Library's current operations and response to the COVID-19 outbreak. For the most up-to-date information about IU's response to COVID-19, please see https://www.iu.edu/covid/.
Last updated August 30, 2021.
Need help with your research? Our librarians and library staff are here for you!
In Person or by Phone
Peer Research Assistants, a group of your fellow students who have been trained to help staff our Service Desk, can help you start your research, find and check out books, assist with some printing issues, and make group study room reservations. Don’t know where to start your research or have a tricky research question? Ask to speak with a librarian, and we’ll work with you to find the resources you need.
Call the Service Desk at 812-941-2485 or visit us in person during our regular Library hours.
Book a Librarian
If you'd like to schedule a longer one-on-one research consultation with a librarian for advice or help with research (available in person or through Zoom), you can Book a Librarian.
Online Research Assistance
You can also reach us online in chat and by email during our regular Library hours. Leave us a message outside our regular hours and we’ll respond as soon as possible once we return.
We have also created a Canvas site designed to help students learn some basic research skills. Students can join the site by clicking “Enroll in Course" here: https://iu.instructure.com/enroll/X6A66K.
Library Building Hours - Fall 2021 (August 23rd - December 14th)
Library Building Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8am - 9pm
Friday: 8am - 5pm
Saturday: 10am - 6pm
Hours are subject to change.
Exceptions to Fall 2021 Hours -
The Library will be closed on Monday, September 6th, for Labor Day.
The Library closes at 5pm on Wednesday, November 24th for the Thanksgiving Break and will reopen on Monday, November 29th.
Library Operations - Fall 2021
Changes regarding the Library Building
- Beginning August 5, all IU students, faculty, staff, and visitors must wear a mask while in the Library.
Physical Library Materials
- Checking Out Books from IU Southeast:
- Contact-Less Pickup: You can request items from our library using IUCAT's Request Delivery option. You will be emailed once the item is ready for you to pick up on our contact-less hold shelf.
- Get IUS Books Mailed to Your Home: Faculty, students, and staff can request physical IU Southeast Library items be mailed to their homes. Additional information about this service and the request form is available here.
- Check Out at the Service Desk: You can find books in the 3rd floor Stacks and bring them down to the Service Desk for check out.
- Checking Out Books from other IU Campuses:
- Request Delivery & ALF Requests: Request Delivery and ALF Requests in IUCAT are available. You can request that items from other IU campuses (including the ALF) be delivered to the IU Southeast Library for contact-less pick up.