Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
COVID-19 and the IU Southeast Library
This page contains relevant information related to Indiana University Southeast Library's current operations and response to the COVID-19 outbreak. For the most up-to-date information about IU's response to COVID-19, please see https://coronavirus.iu.edu/
Last updated September 8, 2020.
Reference & Research Assistance
Library Building Hours - Fall 2020 (August 24 - November 22)
Library Building Hours:
Hours are subject to change.
The IU Southeast Library is open only to IU faculty, staff, and students at this time.
Library Operations - Fall 2020
Changes regarding the Library Building
Physical Library Materials
- Checking Out Books from IU Southeast:
- Contact-Less Pickup: You can request items from our library using IUCAT's Request Delivery option. You will be emailed once the item is ready for you to pick up on our contact-less hold shelf.
- Get IUS Books Mailed to Your Home: Faculty, students, and staff can request physical IU Southeast Library items be mailed to their homes. Additional information about this service and the request form is available here.
- Check Out at Circulation: You can find books in the 3rd floor Stacks and bring them down to the Circulation Desk for check out.
- Checking Out Books from other IU Campuses:
- Request Delivery & ALF Requests: Request Delivery and ALF Requests in IUCAT are available. You can request that items from other IU campuses (including the ALF) be delivered to the IU Southeast Library for contact-less pick up.
- Interlibrary Loan: The Interlibrary Loan Department will be taking additional precautions in the Fall 2020 semester to help ensure the health and safety of students, faculty, and staff. Physical items requested through Interlibrary Loan will be placed in a 72-hour quarantine upon arrival. This policy will create an increased delay in receiving requested items.
- Online Access through HathiTrust: Indiana University students, faculty, and staff can also access books that IU Libraries own in print through HathiTrust Digital Library's Emergency Temporary Access. Log in (select Indiana University as your partner institution) to HathiTrust for access. Users can read the book online in a web browser, but will not be able to download the work in full. Check out periods are in one-hour increments, which can be extended as long as another user has not requested access. The books accessed through Emergency Temporary Access Service are made available under the fair use sections of the United States Copyright Act. Copyright protections still exist for many of these books.
- Access to Government Documents: We will not be able to provide access to physical items in our Federal depository library collection to the general public for the Fall 2020 semester. Access to our online Government information is available as usual through our Government Information website, other LibGuides, and our catalog. Questions about Government information will be answered by a reference librarian by telephone (812-941-2489 - leave a message and we will return your call) or our Ask a Librarian service).
- The ILTE staff will be working remotely and are available by email, phone, or Zoom from 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- They are offering virtual Q&A sessions about moving your courses online every Tuesday starting on March 31, from 12 p.m.-2 p.m.
Supplemental Teaching Materials for Transitioning from Face-to-Face Teaching to Online