This exercise is designed to help you develop the ability to:
1. Define information need and amount of information needed
2. Identify type of information contained in a source and recognize purpose of type of information
3. Identify the value of potential resources in a variety of formats
Review the information sources linked below and answer the following questions:
1. Young, Jeffrey R. Teaching With Twitter: Not for the Faint of Heart. Chronicle of Higher Education, 11/27/2009, Vol. 56, Issue 14. Permalink.
2. Waycott, Jenny; Bennett, Sue; Kennedy, Gregor; Dalgarno, Barney; Gray, Kathleen. . Computers & Education, May2010, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p1202-1211. Permalink.
3. Korn, Melissa. iPad struggles at some colleges. Wall Street Journal. Apr 19, 2010. pg. B.8. Permalink.
Roblyer, M.D.; McDaniel, Michelle; Webb, Marsena; Herman, James; Witty, James Vince. Internet & Higher Education, Jun2010, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p134-140. Permalink.