Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What are Reading Lists in Canvas?
Readings Lists provides a way to create and manage course reading lists within Canvas. Reading Lists enable you to link to resources available through library subscription databases and those freely available on the web.
For the most part, links to selected sources are persistent and stable; Please contact Kate Moore if you have any questions about setting up Reading Lists in Canvas or encounter any issues with access.
Advantages of Reading Lists
Reading Lists in Canvas also enables you to
- easily link to readings instead of uploading resources to Canvas
- annotate entire reading lists or individual readings
- import reading lists from your other courses
- potentially reduce textbook costs for students
- lets librarians know what resources you value and use
How to find and add items to a Canvas Reading List
Based on guide created by Eric Frierson, Senior Discovery Services Engineer, EBSCO Information Services