Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Please fill this out and submit it to Courtney Block at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rules of the 2019 Int'l Photo Contest
These are the official rules of the 2020 International Photo Contest:
Contest Guidelines and Rules
- Entrants submitting photos for the contest must have an official connection with IU Southeast, either as a student, faculty, or staff member. Study abroad participants and international students are particularly encouraged to participate in this contest.
- Photography entries must be the original work of the entrant and must be photographs taken outside the United States. The entrant must hold the copyright to the photo submission.
- Entries can be submitted in electronic format only this year. Eligible participants may submit up to a maximum of four entries.
- Each print entry must have:
- title of work;
- complete name of photographer;
- when and where the photograph was taken (if photograph was taken on a study abroad program, please indicate the name of the study abroad program as well).
- Each print must be accompanied by a short paragraph concerning the subject of the photo and why it is meaningful to the photographer.
- All entries must be accompanied by an official entry form, completed and signed by the entrant. (See the left hand box.)
- Entrants may submit photos in either of the following categories:
a) People category b) Places category
- Winners in each category will be chosen according to Critics’ Choice and People’s Choice. One award maximum will be awarded per entrant. Winners may be contacted and asked for more information about the winning entries. Winners will also be asked to submit, if possible, a digital version of the photograph.
Winners will receive a gift package of items relating to international travel and/or photography.
- By signing the entry form and submitting it, entrants are agreeing to grant the IU Southeast Office of International Programs license for use of the photographs in displays related to the contest and/or in IU Southeast printed and electronic publications. Submitted photographs become the property of the IU Southeast Office of International Programs and may be displayed or reproduced, including in print/card form for a campus scholarship fundraising program. The entrant will be fully credited in all such displays and publications. Entrants will retain full rights to use the image in any other manner.
- Entries will be judged on artistic expression, creativity and originality, the quality of the image, and the extent to which the image evokes specific contest theme(s) or titles (when appropriate). All decisions of the judges are final. The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated contest rules and criteria.
- Entries should not be subjected to any digital manipulation (Photoshop or other) other than cropping or adjusting lighting to correct for over or underexposure. What we see in the photo should be what the photographer saw in the camera.
- Deadline for entries: Friday, November 20th. Judging will be completed one week after International Education Week and winners notified electronically thereafter.
- International Education Week is November 16-20, 2020
- Voting: Will begin Monday, November 23 and end December 4th Winners will be notified on Monday, December 7th.
- If you have questions, please contact Courtney Block @ email@example.com.
Entries can be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.