WWII Propaganda Films and IU
This website provides access to 117 digitized public domain WWII films spanning the years 1940-1945. The original 16mm film prints were produced during the war by government agencies and offices in the United States and allied countries, Hollywood studios, and independent companies such as General Motors. The films were then distributed by university film libraries, school systems, and commercial distributors to students, workers, and other members of the public. Indiana University distributed these films as teaching and training aids during and after the war years as part of the Indiana University Bureau of Audio-Visual Aids (later the Indiana University Audio-Visual Center).