Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Reserve a Kit
To arrange for an orientation to check out kits, call (812) 948-8123, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scheduled orientations are posted on the CCR Calendar in the Center for Cultural Resources in the IU Southeast Library.
- 1. ATTEND AN ORIENTATION SESSION
- To become a CCR user, each person must attend an orientation session to receive a library card and a CCR ID or code name. Orientations are scheduled for university classes, school faculties, and other groups upon request. Individuals may attend scheduled sessions or contact the intern when on duty for an immediate orientation and reservation.
- 2. RESERVE KITS BY TITLE AND DATE
- The Center for Cultural Resources, consisting of more than 50 kit titles, is located on the third floor of the IUS Library. Each kit set (resource and artifact kit) is labeled and coded with the name of a location, theme, or topic. The kits may be reserved by email or phone from the intern, who maintains a schedule of reserved kits by dates. Kits may be checked out immediately if the intern is on duty. The Center also features special exhibits of unique artifacts and materials and Circulating Resource Kits for special displays.
- 3. KIT PICK UP AND RETURN AT THE LIBRARY
- After submitting a reservation form, the user receives a confirmation via email or phone indicating the kit title and date of pickup. The 21-day reservation period starts on the date given by CCR (not the library or actual pick up day). The kit set will be delivered to the Library Circulation Desk with a label confirming the user’s CCR ID. Carts and an elevator are available for transporting kits out and in at the lower library door where a phone may be used to gain entry. Kits may be renewed for a second 21-day period by notifying the CCR or Center Director using contact information on frontpage of brochure.
4. WILSON EDUCATION CENTER DELIVERY
Users in schools serviced by vans from the Wilson Education Center (WEC) in Indiana may request delivery when the reservation is made with the CCR three weeks in advance. Approximate dates of arrival will be arranged and confirmed by e-mail by the CCR, but the date for pickup with WEC is the responsibility of the user by calling 812-256-8000.
- 5. MAINTAIN THE PRIVILEGE OF USING KITS
- Prior to releasing a kit, a check is made for eligible users and the kit contents listed on the inventory sheet found in the Teacher Notebook. The user is likewise requested to check the contents with the same inventory upon receiving and returning the kit set. If items are out of order or missing or the kit is returned late, the user could lose the privilege of reserving future CCR materials.